National College for Nuclear Launched
A national college planning to train the bulk of the country’s workforce for Britain’s nuclear industry opens today.The National College for Nuclear is based across two hubs, in Cumbria at Lakes College and Somerset at Bridgwater and Taunton College.
It is the fourth national college to open, following colleges for high-speed rail, based in Birmingham and Doncaster, the creative and cultural industries, based in Essex, and digital skills, based in London, launched last year and in 2016.
- Two Turkish Firms out of Russian Nuclear Plant Consortium, Other in Talks: Sources, Reuters, Feb 6
- US-Russia Treaty on Nuclear Arms Limits Reaches Deadline, ExecutiveGov, Feb 6
- Indonesia and IAEA Strengthen Cooperation, World Nuclear News, Feb 6
- Taiwan Nuclear Power Plant Seeks to Restart Reactor, Xinhuanet, Feb 5
- New Jersey Senate Committee Delays Hearing on Nuclear Subsidy Bill, Utility Dive, Feb 5
- Nuclear Plant to Close Ahead of Schedule,Washington Examiner, Feb 2
NUCLEAR SAFETY AND SECURITY
- China Building Artificial Intelligence-Powered Nuclear Submarine That Could Have ‘Its Own Thoughts,’ Report Says, Newsweek, Feb 5
- Belgium’s Neighbors Fear a Nuclear Incident, Forbes, Feb 4
- New TVA Audits Highlight Gaps in Addressing Employee Safety Concerns, Knox News, Feb 2
- How to Avoid an Accidental Nuclear War, Post and Courier, Feb 6
- How Saudi Arabia Can Go Nuclear (But Prevent Proliferation), National Interest, Feb 4
- Letter: Nuclear Power Carries Little Risk, Columbus Dispatch, Feb 3