France to Reduce Share of Nuclear in Power Mix ‘ASAP’: Minister
France will reduce the share of nuclear energy in its electricity mix “as soon as possible”, French junior environment minister Brune Poirson said on Tuesday, although she did not give a target date.
Last month, the French government dropped a legal target set by the previous government to reduce the share of nuclear to 50 percent by 2025, from 75 percent today.
- Korean Energy Firm Rescues UK’s Moorside Nuclear Power Project, The Guardian, Dec 6
- U.S. Firms Invited to Bid for Saudi Nuclear Plants, Reuters, Dec 4
- Jordan, U.S. Sign Deal on Building Gas-Cooled Nuclear Reactor, Xinhua Net, Dec 2
- Iter Nuclear Fusion Project Reaches Key Halfway Milestone, The Guardian, Dec 6
- Units 1,2 of Kundankulam Nuclear Power Plant Generates Full Capacity of 2000 MW, Economic Times, Dec 5
- Atomstroyexport Begins Construction on $12.6bn Rooppur Nuclear Plant in Bangladesh, Energy Business Review, Dec 1
NUCLEAR SAFETY AND SECURITY
- China’s Nuclear Arsenal a High-Level State Secret,Aljazeera, Dec 4
- More Study Needed on Nuclear Pit Production, KOB4, Dec 4
- Russia Takes Action to Clean Up Soviet Era Nuclear Waste, Oil Price, Dec 2
- There is No Military Option to Take Out North Korean Nuclear Program, The Hill, Dec 3
- Is Japan’s ‘Nuclear Allergy’ Being Cured?, The Diplomat, Dec 2
- Is Russia Covering Up a Nuclear Accident?, Washington Post, Dec 1