Energy Department Backs $3.7B in Loans for Georgia Nuclear Plant
The Trump administration is planning to issue loan guarantees worth up to $3.7 billion for a troubled nuclear plant construction project in Georgia.
The loan guarantees to Southern Co. and other companies involved in the construction of two new units at Plant Vogtle are in addition to the $8.33 billion the Energy Department has already issued in loan guarantees.
- Kazakhstan Strengthens International Ties at 61st Session of IAEA General Conference, Astana Times, Oct 2
- India Plays Major Role in Nuclear Plant in Bangladesh, Economic Times, Sept 30
- Oyster Creek Nuclear Plant in N.J. May Close Before Planned 2019 Shutdown, Newsworks, Oct 5
- South Texas Nuclear Power Plant Granted License Extension, MySA, Sept 29
- Cheap Offshore Wind Won’t Make UK Give Up on Nuclear, Green Tech Media, Sept 29
NUCLEAR SAFETY AND SECURITY
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons Modernization, Council on Foreign Relations, Oct 4
- Chinese Firm Behind Essex Nuclear Plant Refuses to Reveal Security Information, The Guardian, Oct 1
- Fukushima Nuclear Disaster: Radioactive Water May Have been Leaking From Reactor for Months,Newsweek, Sept 29
- Why the World Can’t Give Up its Nuclear Weapons,Sydney Morning Herald, Oct 2
- Another Viewpoint: the Growing Threat of Nuclear Terror, News Chief, Oct 1
- The Iran Seal is Working. Here’s How We Know.,Washington Post, Sept 29