Mini Nuclear Reactor Now Ready to be Built
The first pilot project to use China National Nuclear Corporation’s cutting-edge third-generation ACP100 nuclear reactor has completed its preliminary design stage and is qualified for construction in Hainan province.
The company said that the ACP100, China’s first small reactor developed by CNNC for practical use, which the company calls the Linglong One, is expected to be built at the end of this year in the Changjiang Li autonomous county of Hainan.
- Iran, EU to Build Advanced Nuclear Safety Center, Press TV, Apr 29
- Belarus, Slovakia Sign 10 Agreements on Cooperation, Belarusian Telegraph Agency, Apr 28
- Saudi Delegation Discusses Cooperation in Kazakhstan, Trend News Agency, Apr 28
- TVA’s Plan for Small Nuclear Reactor on Clinch River Running into Barriers, Knoxville News Sentinel, May 2
- Dominion Virginia Power Aims for Lower Carbon Footprint, Nuclear Street, May 2
- The UK Just Switched on an Ambitious Fusion Reactor – and it Works, ScienceAlert, May 1
NUCLEAR SAFETY AND SECURITY
- US Tests Nuclear-Capable Missile with the Range to Strike North Korea, Independent, May 3
- US Nuclear Weapons Lab to Keep Focus on National Security, ABC News, May 1
- NRC Begins Special Inspection at LaSalle Nuclear, Power Engineering, Apr 28
- Nuclear is ‘Safe and Economic’, IOL, May 2
- The Time is Right to Open Yucca Mountain for Nuclear Waste, The Hill, May 1
- Why Use Nuclear Power? Cheap Fossil Fuels Won’t Last Forever, San Diego Union-Tribune, Apr 28